20oz Marine Caulk Sausage, White - SIS440
TDS116-005Regular price $40.99 Save $-40.99
- HIGH QUALITY MARINE POLYMER || 20oz sausage package of white caulk - One-part silane polymer - Forms a solid rubber compound with highest rated UV resistance - Excellent resistance to chemicals - Superior temperature stability - Easy to sand - Improves project turnover time
- FLEXIBLE & PRIMER-FREE || Thixotropic paste which does not drip or sag -Contains anti-mold ingredients - Easy to work because it stays flexible - One-step process saves application time - No solvents - Environmentally friendly - Safe for work environment - More economical - Less waste
- FIRST-CLASS APPEARANCE || Use in seams from 3 to 10mm wide to achieve first-class appearance - Seam depth should be equal to or greater than the seam width - Caulk must fill to bottom of seam - Bond-breaker tape recommended for seams of 5mm (3/16”) or deeper - Full depth caulk seams extend teak deck life
- CURE TIME || Cures to provide better adhesion, longevity and appearance as compared to polysulfide, polyurethane and MS polymers - Curing time for SIS440 Caulk in white is 12 days - This is based on seams ¼”x¼” (6.4mmx6.4mm), larger seams may require additional time
- PROPERTIES || Available in black and gray - Product has 18-month shelf life from date of manufacture (printed on bottle) - Meets Federal Specifications & ASTM C920 - Manufactured in an ISO 9001 facility
SIS440 Caulk is the proven leader in the marine industry and was developed specifically for teak deck seams. It is a one-part, paste-like neutral cure formulation and when exposed to moisture in the air, it reacts to form a tough, flexible solid rubber compound. The sealant does not sag during cure, and has excellent temperature stability and chemical resistance once cured. Because the sealant is neutral cure, it is non-corrosive to all substrates and will not damage the surrounding environment or structures. Caulk is easy to sand and will not clog sandpaper. Sanding with a fine 100 or 120 grit sandpaper is recommended. White caulk will shrink somewhat when applied. To avoid having low seams, it is recommended that 1 or 2mm extra caulking is left above a fresh seam.
Store in a dry area at temperatures above 32°F (0°C) and below 80°F (26°C). Do not expose to direct sunlight, extreme heat, or freezing. The sealant has a shelf life of 18 months from manufacture date. See “BEST USED BY” date on packaging. Not designed for use under the waterline.
- Bedding deck equipment/hardware
- Bedding parts (steps, pads, etc.)
- Caulk seams in other wood decks
- Edges around sealed windows
About TDS SIS440 Caulk:
More than 50,000 decks manufactured and installed in 35 years; 166 miles (267 km) of caulked seams per year. Well-tested and proven in hot or cold climates. Used by boat builders, boat repair yards, marinas, private boat owners, cruise ships, and ship chandleries.